Login | Sign Up
MOFGA Discussion Forums
Still searching for Runamuk's forever-farm home
Last Post 17 Aug 2017 12:11 PM by Runamuk Acres. 0 Replies.
Printer Friendly
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You must be a MOFGA.net member to post a reply. Sign up today.
Author Messages
Seed
Seed
Runamuk Acres

--
17 Aug 2017 12:11 PM  
It's possible you've seen my posts before, as it seems I have been forever in search of a home for my wayward farm and apiary. My name is Sam(antha) Burns and I farm at Runamuk Acres─a farm and apiary in central Maine. I am a beekeeper looking to grow my apiary/farm into a pollinator conservation farm to promote bee-friendly gardening, landscaping, and farming. But I am a landless farmer.

I know I am not alone in my struggles for land-access, though the journey has been more exhausting than I had anticipated. So while I continue to line my ducks up for the FSA, I am still searching for the property fated to become the Runamuk Conservation Farm. We are searching for property in these central Maine communities: Anson, North Anson, Embden, Solon, or New Portland. If you or someone you know, has a property ready to be passed on to a new generation of farmers, and if you are interested in protecting farmland for the future, let's explore the possibilities together.

Next year looks to be my year with the FSA and we are gearing up for the Runamuk FarmRaiser: a Bee-Friendly Farm─a crowdfunding campaign to help raise the funds for the down-payment on the property destined to be Runamuk's home. Launch date: 9.1.2017

To learn more about the vision for a pollinator conservation & demonstration farm please go to: runamukacres.com/runamuk-conservation-farm

You must be a MOFGA.net member to post a reply. Sign up today.

Active Forums 4.1

Copyright © 2017 Maine Organic Farmers and Gardeners Association Terms Of Use Privacy Statement    Site by Planet Maine