Fantastic full time, seasonal position for the right person eager to add to their experience as a small-scale commercial grower. The farm is located at Primo in Rockland, within view of Rockland Harbor. Working at the farm offers a unique opportunity to see the vegetables and flowers you grow utilized in a world class farm to table restaurant, owned and operated by Melissa Kelly, a two-time James Beard award winner.
The position begins in late April and runs through October. For the right candidate, work dates can be shortened to accommodate college enrollment. Previous farm experience preferred. Position includes working with pigs and chickens as well as vegetable and flower production. Must be able to lift 50 pounds repeatedly. Do not apply if you have back or other physical problems. They will be badly aggravated by the job.
Compensation: $14 an hour, with a delicious family meal each day the restaurant is open.
To begin the application process, send an email to email@example.com with “Farm Job at Primo” in the subject line.
1) How many years you have worked in farming and whether you have run your own farm related business.
2) Whether you played team sports in high school or college.
3) Why you would like to work at Primo.
4) Your favorite vegetable to grow and why.
5) Tell us something you’d like us to know about you.
6) Two work related references.
Do not send a cover letter or CV or list of places you have worked.
There will be an on-farm interview. Include some dates when you can come to the restaurant. While you are here you will spend an hour working with us.
Thank you for your interest!