Login | Sign Up
MOFGA Discussion Forums
Seeking Homeplace for Skill Sharing
Last Post 02 Apr 2017 05:39 PM by Robert Riversong. 0 Replies.
Printer Friendly
Sort:
NextNext
You must be a MOFGA.net member to post a reply. Sign up today.
Author Messages
Seed
Seed
Robert Riversong

--
02 Apr 2017 05:39 PM  
I'm seeking my "tribe" among those who are living responsibly on the planet, close to the land, and creating communities of mutual aid. I spent much of the summer of 2015 participating in the (southern Maine) Homestead Arts Collective (including milling thousands of board-feet of pine), the Maine Primitive Skills Gatherings of 2015 and 2016 (where I taught knotcraft and the Medicine Wheel) and taught a workshop in Rigging for Directional Felling at the 2016 Common Ground Fair, as well helping with the Farm & Homestead Day and the Maine Axe & Saw Meetup.

I spent the past year as a WWOOF volunteer at half a dozen Maine farms, helping with animal chores, horse logging, woodswork, construction and infrastructure repairs. And I wintered at a friend's goat farm in Unity, improving her off-grid house water systems (including a wood-heater thermosiphon system I designed and installed).

I am seeking a long-term home where I could share my many skills and gifts as I enter my elderhood (I am 65), where I can contribute to the work and the conversation, and perhaps build myself a cabin and workshop in return for helping with the stead, and leaving behind whatever I create.

My expertise and skills include every facet of residential design and construction (35 years); electrical, plumbing and heating systems; masonry; machining and welding; auto mechanics; woodswork, timber harvesting and milling; and rigging – as well as writing, editing and teaching. I have trailer-loads of tools both here and in Vermont which will need to come with me.

I need access to the internet in order to stay connected to the larger world and to generate occasional design and consulting income, and prefer a tobacco-smoke-free environment and private living quarters.

If you have a farmstead or homestead which could use another member with a great deal of skill and experience to share, please let me know.
You must be a MOFGA.net member to post a reply. Sign up today.

Active Forums 4.1

Copyright © 2017 Maine Organic Farmers and Gardeners Association Terms Of Use Privacy Statement    Site by Planet Maine